Re: Multiple Named Graph

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net <
henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2014, at 10:39, Reto Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Henry,
>
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net <
> henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> With the previous published version it was possible to have an LDP
>> compliant server backed by a single graph. This would be my choice of
>> implementation if the data has a single provenance and the access
>> restrictions are the same for all the triples.
>>

>> I think you can do that with a DirectContainer. You can put your
>> ldp:contains and all the rest of your triples in the same graph.
>>

> That's not the point. It's not about being able to put all in the same
> graph is LDP is designed to be backed by different graphs of different
> LDPR. Assume are are running a bank. Several years ago we replaced our
> RDBMS with a triple store. We are having one graph containing all the
> customers, as well as their assets and liabilities we manage (we discussed
> a lot about which design to choose and this turned out to be the best).
> Allowing our data to be accessed via LDP should not require us to split out
> data into many graphs.
>

> So you would want a GET on one resource to return all the triples in the
> store? ( since you only have one graph )

Of course not. Or would you return all graphs when someone requests trix?

> How would you implement the creation of an LDPR by POSTing it to a LDPC?

Doing the necessary checks, adding triples to the store, adding membership
triple.

> Do all the triples you posted also appear in this one unique graph?

The triple that would be part of the resource description graph in the
one-graph-per-resource approach.

> Do they all also appear in the created resource?

By being in the backed graph they will appear in the resource description
of the resource.

> Do both those resources end up containing the same triples?

No, even if the LDPC description might contain some triples of the
conatined LDPR.

Reto