Re: Multiple Named Graph

On 21 Mar 2014, at 10:39, Reto Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> With the previous published version it was possible to have an LDP compliant server backed by a single graph. This would be my choice of implementation if the data has a single provenance and the access restrictions are the same for all the triples.
>
> I think you can do that with a DirectContainer. You can put your ldp:contains and all the rest of your triples in the same graph.
>
> That's not the point. It's not about being able to put all in the same graph is LDP is designed to be backed by different graphs of different LDPR. Assume are are running a bank. Several years ago we replaced our RDBMS with a triple store. We are having one graph containing all the customers, as well as their assets and liabilities we manage (we discussed a lot about which design to choose and this turned out to be the best). Allowing our data to be accessed via LDP should not require us to split out data into many graphs.

So you would want a GET on one resource to return all the triples in the store? ( since you only have one graph )
How would you implement the creation of an LDPR by POSTing it to a LDPC? Do all the triples you posted also appear in
this one unique graph? Do they all also appear in the created resource? Do both those resources end up containing the same
triples? If so you perhaps don't need an LDPC. You just need one LDPR to which you can send PATCHes to.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/