Re: A modest attempt to re-open ISSUE-20

On 3/14/13 12:11 PM, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

>     Lets calls the to-be-created resource URI the entity URI. All the
>     triples that are to-be-inserted to the store must either have a blank
>     node subject, have a subject URI of the entity URI, or have a subject
>     URI of the entity URI plus a fragment identifier. This makes it very
>     clear what the entity URI is.
>

> But it prevents you from POSTing an *incoming* graph to the entity
> resource...
> What if I want to create a person and state that "I know this person" ?

For sake of clarity I assume you meant:

What if I want to create a document that describes a person. And in that
document I also want to state that I know the person I am describing.

## Turtle based RDF graph expression ##

<>
a foaf:Document ;
foaf:maker <#i> .

<#i>
foaf:knows <#PierreAnoineChampin> .

## End ##

Note: The RDF content (the graph) that ends being created at some
location denoted by a URL will not contain relative URIs for <#i> or
relative URI-URLs for <> . This is why I deliberately distinguish the
following:

1. RDF Model
2. RDF Syntax -- S->P->O  statements (3-tuples)
3. RDF Syntax Notation -- e.g., Turtle (one of many)
4. RDF Serialization Format -- the actual RDF graph that ends up being
created by generated by an RDF processor that supports one or more RDF
syntax notations.

#4 doesn't contain relative URIs or URLs.

I've noticed that #3 is sometimes referred to as surface syntax.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO