Re: anchor to associated LDP-RS on LDP-NR creation (was:Fw: [oslc-core] Proposal to remove Link header option from Resource Preview spec)

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:04:49 -0700
To: Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at>
Cc: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>, "public-ldp-wg@w3.org Working Group" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>, Samuel Padgett <spadgett@us.ibm.com>
Hi Sergio,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Sergio Fernández <
sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at> wrote:

> I have two questions for the WG:
> * Is not the anchor redundant information asserted by the Location header?

The Link header's context IRI is always the Request URI unless it is
overridden by the anchor parameter.  That's a requirement of RFC5988:

> * Looking to the poor support out there for such attribute (for instance
> JAX-RS 2.0 does not even mention it) I fear we're taking again the most
> complex way to solve an issue.

The most complex way happens to be the least complex way too, as it's the
_only_ way to fix it while remaining compliant with the specifications.
Unless you're proposing that we don't use link headers at all?

(-1 to not using link headers and inventing something new!)

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Technology Collaboration Facilitator