anchor to associated LDP-RS on LDP-NR creation (was:Fw: [oslc-core] Proposal to remove Link header option from Resource Preview spec)

From: Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:32:41 +0200
To: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>, "public-ldp-wg@w3.org Working Group" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
CC: Samuel Padgett <spadgett@us.ibm.com>
Hi,

On 02/09/14 17:48, John Arwe wrote:
> As a more concrete example, consider the following:
>
>>      POST /bugs HTTP/1.1
>>       HOST: rtc9-foo.tivlab.ibm.com
>>      HTTP/1.1 201 Created
>>       Location: http://rtc-master.ibm.com/bugs/478
>>       Link: <http://example-previews.com/bugs/478?compact>; rel="
> describedby"; anchor="http://rtc-master.ibm.com/bugs/478",
>>             <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#Resource>; rel="type"
>
> *With* anchor= (context URI) present, this expresses our intent: "bugs/478
> describedby ...?compact"
> Remove anchor=, and it says instead "/bugs  describedby  ...?compact".

I have to admit that in the call last Monday I did not have the required
background for understanding this issue (that's why I voted +0 to the
resolution).

Reading the current draft:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html#h5_ldpc-post-createbinlinkmetahdr

even if I understand the motivation, I have two questions for the WG:

* Is not the anchor redundant information asserted by the Location header?

* Looking to the poor support out there for such attribute (for instance
JAX-RS 2.0 does not even mention it) I fear we're taking again the most
complex way to solve an issue.

Hope we can arrive to the best possible solution.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ple

--