Re: How to extend the interaction model to support queries?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM, John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Could you be specific as to which clauses you think you're violating?
>
> If I take your meaning, you're posting some content to an LDPC's URI, and
> the semantic of that Post turns out to be something other than create ... in
> particular here, it turns out to be query.
>
> I personally took considerable care to ensure *exactly* this is allowed,
> when drafting the normative language.  "Everyone" today does things like
> post form-encoded queries, and we (IMO) do not want to interfere with that.
> This was in fact the origin of several past "not every post is a create, not
> every create is a post" rants from me, like when we decided on the scope of
> Allow-Post vs my proposed Allow-Post-Create.

Thanks for the clarification. I will make sure to understand the parts
of the spec that allow that.

> <sensitive point for some>
> It's conceivable that there's a translation problem in play; I know you
> speak English Andrei, I'm not sure to what degree you think in English.
> I've seen some very subtle cases where the meaning gets mangled going from
> English to German and back when I lived in Stuttgart on assignment
> ("wahrscheinlich" being one that my friends warned me about in particular).
> If it's that, there's probably an equivalent set of English words we could
> use, either instead of or in addition to what's there, to make the intent
> clearer.

Not sure why you are mistaking me with Andrei :-) I mean, I know it's
hard: two handsome guys who happen to speak some French (one of us is
Romanian though), one used to be a W3C Team at MIT, the other one just
joined the team at MIT, and we happen to both work on LD Patch ;-)

> ....remind me to share my der Wahl/die Wahl story next week, 11-12 years
> later I can still taste the shoe from that one.
> </...>

Please :-)

Alexandre