Re: Editors' proposal for membership predicate names

On 2/21/14 12:55 PM, Roger Menday wrote:

> hello Kingsley,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
> I would like to think about your diagramming suggestions over the
> weekend.
> But, I have a comment now on your point #2.
>
> My picture was the DirectContainer case.
> Here, all the boxes are Documents.
> So, there is nothing to change.
> (for the IndirectContainer case, we *will* have other shapes in the
> picture I beleive)
>
> However ...
>
> MembershipTriple's link non-informational resources and
> ContainerTriple's link information resources. But, in
> a DirectContainer, the Document which is created is the object
> position of the membershipTriple. Therefore the membershipTriple is
> linking to an Information resource, which is a contradiction.
>
> My conclusion is that we shouldn't really have DirectContainers ...
>
> ?
> Roger

Roger,

I don't believe a document about "net worth" and what the term "net
worth" denotes are one an the same, hence my suggestion about entity
depictions. Naturally, I need a medium (e.g., a Web Document, Paper
Document etc.) through which I perceive your "net worth" but that
doesn't make the aforementioned perception medium (i.e., Document) the
signifier (i.e., identifier) of your net worth.

The eternal issue is that the perception medium (so called "information
resource") and the signification mechanism (identifier) continue to be
conflated.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software