Re: LDP Agenda for 18 November

On 16 Nov 2013, at 13:04, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2013, at 19:50, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the agenda for Monday's call. We have a lot to talk about so rest well this weekend. :-)
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2013.11.18
>> --
>> Arnaud  Le Hors - Software Standards Architect - IBM Software Group
>
> Hi, I'd like a quick initial discussion of ldp:member ISSUE-87, just
> so that at least the group is clear about what the intended meaning of this is
> so that the arguments in the following pages don't get wasted on misunderstandings.
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Member
>

>> Proposal regarding ISSUE-88: Lost link
>>
>> 	• Proposed: Close ISSUE-88 by making ldp:created mandatory when ldp:insertedContentRelation is different from ldp:MemberSubject
>> 	• Section 5.4.14
>> 	• Related discussion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2013Nov/0035.html
>> 	• ISSUE-88: Lost link
>
> There is another potential solution to the problem that was mentioned.
> I have written up the two solutions on a wiki dedicated to this issue:
>  http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Issue-88

>> [edit]Proposal regarding ISSUE-87: Membership triples modification
>>
>> 	• Proposed: Close ISSUE-87 by agreeing to do nothing: if the server allows the modification, it is up to the server to decide whether any other changes should be made.
>
> I wrote up the details of the causes of why this issue arises on the wiki page
> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Issue-87

Also ISSUE-88 and ISSUE-87 are related. One cannot choose the "Proposed solution" in 88,
ie to "make ldp:created mandatory when ldp:insertedContentRelation is different from ldp:MemberSubject
and do nothing about 87. The proposed solution in 88 implies that the client must deduce
ldp:member relations from the "membership properties". So anyone changing these MUST be aware of the
consequences of these changes. Ie something must be said about 88.