Re: How to find the members of an LDPC?

* Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> [2013-11-06 18:26+0100]

> On 6 Nov 2013, at 15:01, Steve Speicher <sspeiche@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I understand ldp:containerResource, ldp:containsRelation and
> > ldp:insertedContentRelation as a _set of instructions_ for the LDPC to
> > manage some domain-based relations, but I don't see a way to find the
> > LDPRs created by the LDPC.
> >
> > Please consider the following example:
> >
> > $ GET http://example.com/shopping/cart/
> >
> > [[
> > </shopping/cart/> a ldp:Container;
> >    ldp:containerResource <#>;
> >    ldp:containsRelation order:contains;
> >    ldp:insertedContentRelation foaf:primaryTopic.
> > ]]
> >
> > $ POST http://example.com/shopping/cart/
> >
> > [[
> > <> foaf:primaryTopic <urn:isbn:0470396792> .
> > ]]
> >
> > $ GET http://example.com/shopping/cart/
> >
> > [[
> > </shopping/cart/> a ldp:Container;
> >    ldp:containerResource <#>;
> >    ldp:containsRelation order:contains;
> >    ldp:insertedContentRelation foaf:primaryTopic.
> >
> > <#> order:contains <urn:isbn:0470396792>
> > ]]
> >
> > Question: from the last GET, what is the LDPR for <urn:isbn:0470396792>?
> >
> > If the ldp:member relation does not exist, how would a client deduce
> > the members that were created
> > ?
> >
> > One would assume that the POST would return a 201-Created status message and Location header of the URL for the new resource created.  The server may produce another triple to link the created resource (LDPR), not sure what it might be:
> >     <> ex:describes <#>.
>
> yes, the post returns a Location header. But that only allows the client that POSTed the
> resource to know the address of the LDPR created. It would be useful if other clients could
> also find that resource by asking the LDPC.

If an LDP client POSTs an appropriate RDF message to an LDP server, the server creates a new resource and tells that client what the resource is. What other clients would want to know about the newly created resource? How would they even know it exists?

--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509
mobile: +33.6.80.80.35.59