Re: Issue-71: the first bug tracking example

Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 05/22/2013 06:27:17 AM:

> I have no idea what you mean "define containers without forcing
> people to change their vocabulary".
> The question is what is the UC&R for this functionality? Where does
> it come from? What is the
> need? (I mean for the protocol)

This is about allowing people to expose existing data in which they have
been using something like Nandana's bt:hasBugReport predicate or something
similar without forcing them to change the representation of their data to
use rdf:member.
I don't know that we have this requirement captured in our UC&R. If we
don't we should fix this.

> The LDP spec is about GET, PUT, POST, DELETE. One whole section of
> the spec is about how those
> words are used in resources we call LDPCs . Fine. So it is quite
> reasonable to ask what the point of
> ldp:membershipPredicate is.

Yes, it is. But the reason is much simpler than what you seem to think and
it has nothing to do with validation.