Re: Recommendation for concise definition of LDPR

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Pierre-Antoine Champin <
pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:

> Hi Cody,
>

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Cody Burleson <cody.burleson@base22.com>wrote:
>
>>  Team,
>>
>> Please consider my draft recommendation for a concise definition of LDPR
>> in the introduction of the spec (so that we can be consistent in providing
>> true definitions for all terms in the Terminology section).
>>
>> Current text:
>>
>> Linked Data Platform Resource (LDPR)
>> HTTP resource that conforms to the simple lifecycle patterns and
>> conventions in the LDPRs section.
>>
>> Revision:
>>
>> Linked Data Platform Resource (LDPR)
>> An HTTP resource that can be represented by RDF, which is managed within
>> or served from a Linked Data Platform.
>>

> This would preclude LDP servers to manage or serve "passive" RDF resources
> (i.e. that do *not* conform with the LDPR lifecylce patterns and
> conventions)?
>
> If you GET and RDF representation from an LDP server, and that description
> makes no use of the ldp: vocabulary, then you should probably not expect
> the corresponding resource to behave as an LDPR.
>
> So I think I like the old definition better.

Hi Cody and Pierre-Antoine,

I decided to tweak the definition a little from what was there to be:

HTTP resource whose state is represented in RDF that conforms to the simple
lifecycle patterns and conventions in the LDPRs section.

Thanks for the feedback,
Steve

--
- Steve