Re: Do we need transaction support in LDP?

On 5/9/13 7:27 PM, Nathan wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> What's that?  Please define.
>>> Ashok
>>>

>> Let the back-end (e.g., Oracle) handle ACID.
>>

> You can take the view that state changing request response pairs form
> a transaction who's details are captured in the request response pair.

Yes, but I wouldn't make that an LDP spec requirement. If a client can
optionally take care of this so can a server. I perform roll-backs and
roll-forwards against my personal Virtuoso Linked Data space, from time
to time. Might share a screen capture next time I do one  :-)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com