Re: Discovery/Affordances

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:52:45 -0700
To: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote on 06/13/2013 11:23:38 AM:

> concretely then - is httpd (or any other web server supporting
> GET/PUT/DELETE/HEAD) an LDP server?  If not, where does it fail?

I think the answer is that it can be.

I just checked the spec and there is really only one MUST that you'll have
to fulfill in addition:

4.2.2 LDPR servers MUST provide a text/turtle representation of the
requested LDPR [TURTLE].

With that taken care of the answer to your question would be yes.

Besides, I'm told that in fact the conformance section allows for LDP
servers not to support LDPCs. All it takes is for the server not to ever
serve any LDPC. :-)