Re: Discovery/Affordances (Issue-32/Issue-57)

The header looks like this: Link: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp/profile>;
rel=profile

As I said, all it means is that if a response you get from a server
contains such a link header you can expect the server to be LDP compliant.
What I mean by that is that the interaction model defined in the LDP spec
applies.

I expect you to think this is redundant because it indicates an
interaction model that you see as inseparable from the types of resources
being used. Meaning that if a resource is typed as an LDP resource you can
simply infer that the interaction model defined in the spec applies.*

Others have clearly expressed that they view this differently and want
something else than the resource type to indicate the interaction model.
This gives them that.

* Important Note: As I indicated before the spec doesn't currently require
LDPRs to be typed with something like ldp:Resource. So I think you're
missing something if you only want to rely on the RDF content. You
wouldn't be able to tell that you're looking at an LDPR.