Re: proposal on ldp:profile ( Issue-48 ) -- was: Discovery/Affordances (Issue-32/Issue-57)

Hi Henry,

Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 06/10/2013 11:57:22 PM:

> >> I see this is as a simple marker that doesn't require much anything
else
> >> than be defined in the spec as a way the server can advertise it is
> >> supporting LDP.
>
> I think the problems in our discussions comes from this way of
> phrasing things,
> as it confuses two seperate topics:
>
>   a) how do you know a resource is an LDPC/LDPR ? ("that it is
> supporting LDP")
>   b) how do you constrain what types of resources can be member of an
LDPC .

> The profile is doing the second thing (b)

I don't understand why you pick that particular constraint and decide that
this is what the LDP profile would be about.

This is especially confusing because there is no such constraint that I
know of in LDP today. Any type of resource can be a member of an LDPC.

And this is not at all the what I'm hearing people say about why they want
something to identify LDP resources beyond RDF.