Re: Discovery/Affordances (Issue-32/Issue-57)

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:22:34 -0700
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 06/10/2013 09:09:43 AM:

> So as argued above you can use the Link header and also use the
> ldp:Container there in the same
> way as you do with the body. What is the profile adding?  What
> vocabulary would need to be used to
> describe the profile?  Do we need this now or can we add it later?
> Unless those questions are answered
> this seems like a lot of work to do when we can just use
> ldp:Container to mean: you can POST to this
> container.

I have to admit not to know what it takes to create a profile but I wonder
why you think this is a lot of work. Maybe Erik can help us there?
I see this is as a simple marker that doesn't require much anything else
than be defined in the spec as a way the server can advertise it is
supporting LDP.

I think the advantage is that it can be used on all types of resources,
independently of whether it's an ldp:Container or not.

Regards.