Re: STOP! Re: An IRC discussion with Alexandre Bertails re SSUE-19:

From: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:57:50 -0400
Cc: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>

On Jun 6, 2013, at 04:11 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> There is no magic. In one way or another the client needs to figure out that it is dealing with an LDP server. This can be done at the HTTP level, at the RDF level, or possibly both.

In other words...

LDP requires a discovery mechanism.

We've skirted this issue before, in questions about how to know
what functionality a server has implemented, and in "implementation
specific" functionality, about *how* it has been implemented.

I don't recall any decisions that deliver such discovery mechanism
(and think I remember some decisions *not* to do so), but the length
of this thread seems a clear justification for such delivery.

Ted