Re: ISSUE-47 Proposal for LDP vocabulary document

El 15/02/13 08:47, Sergio Fernández escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 15/02/13 08:11, Raúl García Castro wrote:
>> El 14/02/13 19:48, Steve Speicher escribió:
>>> How would one point to the spec? rdfs:seeAlso ? I would expect that
>>> eventually http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp would direct to an HTML rep (when
>>> requested) and the spec doesn't feel like the right thing but a simple
>>> HTML page perhaps generated from the vocab document. Is there some
>>> W3C best practice on this?
>>
>> I would use rdfs:isDefinedBy to say that the specification document
>> defines the ontology
>
> rdfs:isDefinedBy of every term should link to the ontology itself, not
> its spec. AFAIK there is no property with such purpose, so generally
> people use rdfs:seeAlso for it.

Well, since the question was how to point from the ontology to the
specification, I meant to use rdfs:isDefinedBy from the ontology to the
specification (not from every term).

But I can survive with an rdfs:seeAlso. :)

> For generating such specification automatically from the ontology there
> are some tools: Parrot [1], Specgen [2], etc. The first one is easier to
> use, but the second one is more customizable to get a proper W3C spec
> (we use it for instance at the WebId XG [3]). I can help on that. The
> Best Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies [4] contains some
> useful hints on how to publish it.
>
> [1] http://ontorule-project.eu/parrot
> [2] http://github.com/specgen/specgen
> [3] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/file/e29e9282b565/ontologies/specgen
> [4] http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/

+1 for generating HTML documentation from the ontology using any of
those tools.

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19