Re: What is the document base URI of a POSTed document?

On 17/10/12 16:18, James M Snell wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Steve Battle
> <steve.battle@sysemia.co.uk <mailto:steve.battle@sysemia.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     [snip]
>
>     __ __
>
>     RFC 3986 is written more from the perspective of HTTP GET, so for
>     HTTP POST we have to read between the lines.____
>
>     Returning to the issue, we would like to know if it is OK to assume
>     in the context of an HTTP POST and the above scenario that:____
>
>     __ __
>
>     1. If there is no embedded @base and..____
>
>     2. there is no retrieval context for POST and..____

James,

Question on one detail:

Does the request URI constitute a context for POST?

This is question is about how much weight to put on "retrieval".
3986/sec5.1.3 is the only one of the 5.1 sections that says "retrieval".
Does it imply it also applies to the request, not just the response.

 Andy