Re: Linked Data Platform ISSUE-20: What is the base URI of a POSTed document?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:40:33 -0400
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
On 10/11/12 9:59 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 11/10/12 14:29, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> I thinkAndy was saying that that the RDF triples -/containing absolute
>>> URIs/- are the data.
>>>

>> But that simply isn't accurate.
>
> Kingsley -
>
> We can resolve this quite simply - what do the specs say?

See my comments about specs. I don't follow specs blindly.

Any spec that (in anyway) espouses the notion that triples with absolute
URIs (only) are the data is utterly broken.

> We can wish for one thing but that does not make it automatically true.

Neither does a broken spec. make it true.

> So please reference the spec text - I'm quite happy to be shown to be
> wrong here, it wouldn't be the first time!

I think my position about broken specs is crystal clear :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO