RE: Linked Data Platform ISSUE-20: What is the base URI of a POSTed document?

POSTed
> document?

> > Aside: I think this is pushing it a bit too far - RDF is a data model,
> > Turtle a transfer syntax.  The Turtle bytes aren't the data - the RDF
> > triples (absolute URIs) are.
>
> I don't understand your comment above. How are "absolute URIs" the data?
> URIs simply denote entities. In this case, they denote entities in an
> RDF graph (content in the form of structured data accessible from an
> address).

I think Andy was saying that that the RDF triples - containing absolute URIs
- are the data.
Part of the issue is that relative URIs are not permitted in an RDF model,
so any relative URIs need to be fixed (made absolute) at the time the
representation (Turtle) is parsed.