Re: Linked Data Patterns referencing - Was: Re: Comments on Linked Data Profile 1.0 Submission

Hi Olivier,

On 9 July 2012 18:36, Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've just read the Linked Data Pattern book [0], co-authored by Leigh
> Dodds, today. I must say I've appreciated it very much, even though some
> of the patterns probably need more explanations to really understand
> their potential IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you found the book useful and
interesting. If you want to let me know -- probably off-list -- which
patterns you would like to see improved, then I'll do some more work
on them. This is a personal project that I'm iterating over when I
have time.

> Anyway, I find this approach of identifying named patterns makes very
> much sense, and I'm sure it could be beneficial to document how much of
> such patterns are covered / specified / referred to by LDP.

Patterns are a great way to communicate design choice, IMO. I think
there are probably strong overlaps with some aspects of LDP.

> Even if I'm not sure how authoritative the naming choices of the book can be
> (some english speaking idioms choices don't provide much clue for
> international adoption maybe, but I'm french, so who knows ;), I think
> these patterns could be good input (use cases ?) for LDP (essentially in
> the Read aspects more than the Write ones).

I'm also happy to improve/revise the naming. Ultimately they're a
judgement call and may evolve over time based on feedback and usage.
I've been pleased to see people referring to some of the patterns in
other contexts.

Also, willing to accept translations ;)

Cheers,

L.