Linked Data Patterns referencing - Was: Re: Comments on Linked Data Profile 1.0 Submission

Hi.

I've just read the Linked Data Pattern book [0], co-authored by Leigh
Dodds, today. I must say I've appreciated it very much, even though some
of the patterns probably need more explanations to really understand
their potential IMHO.

Anyway, I find this approach of identifying named patterns makes very
much sense, and I'm sure it could be beneficial to document how much of
such patterns are covered / specified / referred to by LDP.

I've not yet taken time to read Leigh's comment in the previous post,
not Steve's response, so appologies if I'm addressing things already
covered.

Even if I'm not sure how authoritative the naming choices of the book can be
(some english speaking idioms choices don't provide much clue for
international adoption maybe, but I'm french, so who knows ;), I think
these patterns could be good input (use cases ?) for LDP (essentially in
the Read aspects more than the Write ones).

Would this make sense, and help in shaping the still somewhat uncertain
ways of proceeding with our work ?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

[0] http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/

Leigh Dodds <ld@talis.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to provide some feedback on the Linked Data Profile 1.0
> submission to the Working Group. I'm not a member of the WG but by way
> of introduction: I've been working with semweb technologies for over
> 10 years building RDF and Linked Data applications and APIs. This work
> has been done as part of data integration behind the firewall. Most
> recently I've been working at Talis helping to define our
> platforms/products for Linked Data publishing and hosting.

SNIP
--
Olivier BERGER
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF