Re: LDP interfaces in Java (based on Jena and JAX-RS)

hello ashok.

On 2012-08-06 17:03 , "Ashok Malhotra" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote:
>I am involved in a couple of standards groups where the data is in XML or
>JSON
>and accessed using REST.  These folks are wrestling with he same kinds of
>issues
>that motivated us to the start the LDP WG:  collections, large amounts of
>data,
>concurrent updates, etc.

yup, that's exactly where we are, and what we hoped to see addressed by
the working group. however, when i raised the issue that with the move to
REST it would make sense to remove the exclusive focus on RDF, the
majority of the WG was of the opinion that we should only focus on RDF.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Jul/0029.html is one
of the threads in the archive where i was proposing to include more of
REST. since i have tried already, and should probably tread lightly
because of my status as a co-chair, i decided to not try anymore and
assume that the WG is focusing on RDF. you're of course free to discuss
the issue again, but it seems that so far the majority of the WG is happy
with the RDF focus.