Re: [open-linguistics] Re: ISO 639 URIs

Regarding the license terms for the ISO 639-3 code tables: This weird
"the product, system, or device does not provide a means to
redistribute the code set." clause is basically what kept me from
including the ISO code tables in
https://github.com/glottolog/glottolog - although our curation
software downloads and uses these to validate the Glottolog data. If
it were not for this, Glottolog might be a place with some sort of
institutional support that could provide resolvable URLs for all ISO
codes. We are working towards having complete coverage of ISO 639-3 -
even if this might mean "not assessed yet" or "bookkeeping" status for
the associated Glottolog languoid.