LD4LT meeting on linguistic annotation

Dear LD4LT members, dear Nexus Linguarum participants,

as a follow-up to the discussion on having an LD4LT community meeting at
the LDK conference a few weeks ago, we had a brief and relatively
spontaneous telco on Dec 4th where the participants decided to submit a
proposal via the workshop track (as suggested by LDK organizers, even
though this will not be a classical workshop with paper submissions). We
now got approval by the LDK workshop chairs to conduct that as a half-day
meeting as a post-conference event on June 17, 2021, now a designated W3C
Community Day that will feature a half-day LD4LT and a half-day OntoLex
meeting.

The idea was to have a general introduction into relevant standards and a
rather informal discussion of use cases, requirements and future directions
afterwards. Details of the agenda are, however, to be discussed, and in
particular, we are looking for additional use cases.

For this discussion and updates on other developments on linguistic
annotation, please mark your availability in the following Doodle:
https://doodle.com/poll/ngfxfyry9dvkfd2y

For the moment, I limited the options to 11:00 CET as this timeslot seems
to have worked for most, so far. Please drop me a line for suggestions for
another time slot (especially colleagues from outside Europe).

All the best, take care, merry christmas, and a great 2021,
Christian