Re: JSON-LD 1.0 - "superseded" UI on site is overly harsh and pushy

On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 04:01:48PM +0000, Benjamin Young wrote:
> Agreed! This is a far clearer, more researcher-friendly approach.
>
> It'd be great (as Kaz mentioned) to see this approach taken across all the various superseded and/or deprecated standards.

I wonder if it shoule be up to individual WGs to decide whether to deprecate, supercede of just list versions. The Web platform waits for no man or spec; I feel like those folks tend to rev APIs quickly, create compatibility matrixes, and leave it to polyfills and clever app programmers to deal with the legacy. I think data formats and query and schema languages are more frequently referenced by version and should carry less judgemental pointers to future versions.