Re: Alternative syntaxes for the prolog

On Tue, 2024-03-05 at 12:04 +0000, Steven Pemberton wrote:

> > Why not use % - we don’t use it for anything else. And what about
> > considering the prolog to be a property map, eg.
> >
> > %ixml version: “1.2”, foo: “bar” %
>
> I'm strongly opposed to just using any character just because it is
> available. Good design should somehow suggest its purpose. % implies
> percentage.

笺 - comment
🗨 - speech bubble.

But iXML already uses punctuation differently to other syntaxes i know
of, so i’m not sure i accept that argument. If semicolon can be "or"
then % can introduce metadata.

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org