Re: Alternative syntaxes for the prolog

I was trying to think of which languages felt it necessary to declare which
they were.

FORTRAN doesn't, the Algols don't, Pascal doesn't, C doesn't, Python
doesn't, in fact, barely a single programming language does.
HTML does, but for a different reason. XML does sometimes. JSON doesn't.
Shell languages do occasionally but for a different reason. Or at least a
functional reason.
make doesn't, CSS doesn't.

At first look it doesn't seem like many computer languages feel the need to
mention their name.

Steven