draft agenda for ixml community group call Tuesday 10 January 2023

ixml meeting 10 January 2023

When: Tuesday 10 January 2023 15:00 UTC for 1 hour

Where: Location: https://meet.google.com/dfz-rwpj-opq 
Minute taker: TH (or he being absent NTW, SP)

IRC: the meetings will be minuted on IRC at [1].  Details of W3C IRC
use are at [2] and [3], hints for using RRSAgent at [4] and [5].

[1] irc://irc.w3.org:6667/%23ixml
[2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/InternetRelayChat
[3] https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC
[4] https://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
[5] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html

Previous minutes:

Topic: Review of agenda

    0 Identify minute-taker
    1 Review of action items
    2 Status reports
    3 Review, discussion, resolution of issues
    4 Other topics
    5 Next meeting (and next scribe)
    6 Any other business

Details below.

Topic: Previous Actions

ACTION (2022-06-21): Tom to set up a schematron demo

                     This was aimed at Balisage, so it may no longer
                     be relevant; tbd.

ACTION (2022-11-15): Joel to send details of his implementation to
                     Norm, Norm to put it on the web site's splash

ACTION (2022-11-15): Norm to update free-standing document on EBNF to
                     BNF translation (PR #146)

ACTION (2022-11-15): Norm to prototype an alphabetic reference list of
                     elements in the vxml vocabulary, in XHTML, to
                     serve as a basis for discussion.
                     (Done: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ixml/2023Jan/0003.html)

ACTION (2022-12-13): Norm to issue an erratum for issue #147.
                     (Done: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ixml/2023Jan/0000.html)

ACTION (2022-12-13): Steven to propose a route forward on Issue #139
                     (URI/IRI grammar).

ACTION (2022-12-13): Steven to propose an iXML grammar for IRIs and
                     illustrate the places where it might fail.

ACTION (2022-12-13): Steven to review Norm's pull request 167.

ACTION (2022-12-13): MSM - open dynamic naming as a separate issue.
                     (Done:  issue #168)

ACTION (2022-12-13): Norm to produce a concrete proposal for combining
                     grammars. John offers to assist
                     (Done: )

Topic:  Status reports

Topic:  Status of implementations

Topic:  Status of testing and test suites

Topic:  Review and resolution of bug reports and technical issues

NB The list below shows only issues open as of the time this agenda
was last revised.  It does not show any issues raised only in email:
if you wish an issue to be discussed, please open an issue in Github.

For all open issues, see https://github.com/invisibleXML/ixml/issues/

* Issues against the 1.0 spec

Topic:  Issue #147 Are control characters allowed in an ixml grammar?

        We have agreed to issue a 1.0 erratum on this topic, and Norm
        has produced a draft erratum, which is in pull request #170.

* Issues relating to Web site and ancillary documents

Topic:  Pull request #146 description of EBNF to BNF translation

        See also:

Topic:  Issue #139 Sample grammars for IRIs and URIs

Topic:  Issue #137 Document the XML tag set of ixml grammars


* v.Next issues

Topic:  Issue #13 Renaming proposal (for v.Next) 

Topic:  Issue #75 A Combining grammars (for v.Next)


Topic:  Issue #168 Dynamic naming / name from the input data 

* Dormant issues

Topic:  Issue #29 Are there any constraints on how or what a pragma can change in a conforming processor?

Topic:  Issue #30 Can pragmas be nested? 

Topic: Other topics

Topic:  Plans for further work

Topic: Website

Topic: Next meeting

Normal date for ixml meetings is the second Tuesday of each month at 3
pm British Time, 4 pm Central European Time (15:00 UTC during the
winter, 14:00 UTC during summer time).

On the usual schedule, the next meeting would be Tuesday 14 February,
at 15:00 UTC for one hour.


Expected scribe next week:  volunteers sought.

For the record: the current state of the minute-taking rota is:

  Tomos Hillman      2022-06-21
  Norm Tovey-Walsh   2022-09-13
  Steven Pemberton   2022-10-11
  M Sperberg-McQueen 2022-11-15
  John Lumley        2022-12-13

Topic: Any other business 

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC

Received on Monday, 9 January 2023 23:48:40 UTC