Re: Insertions

Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> writes:
> Some time ago Tom suggested using +"abc" to signal a textual insertion
> into the serialisation, which we put on a backburner. But I ended up
> thinking about it today anyway.

It’s nice. On the whole, I think I prefer “^” to “+”, but the bigger
question, I think, is whether not we should be taking this up now.

I’d much rather get pragmas sorted out and bedded in before we take on
more new work. I also think this example:

>    data: @xmlns, value+",".
>    xmlns: +"http://example.com/data".

will only fuel more debate about qualified names in V1. “There are no
qualified names in vxml” is a reasonable position, I think. But a
mechanism that allows for a default namespace binding and no other seems
pretty limiting and arbitrary to me.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--