Re: Proposal: remove “.” from namefollower

Tom Hillman writes:

> On 28 Feb 2022, 13:27 +0000, Norm Tovey-Walsh <norm@saxonica.com>, wrote:
>>
>> we already accept that our
>> names and XML names are not exactly the same.

> I don't think that this is universally accepted!

Do you mean (1) it is not universally accepted that this is what the
spec currently says, or (2) it is not universally agreed that this is an
optimal design?

I think that it would be cleaner to say that ixml names are a subset of
XML names (or NCNames, as things now stand w.r.t. namespaces), so I'm
evidence of (2).  But it doesn't keep me awake nights.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC
http://blackmesatech.com