Re: Change “~” to “!”

Hi, I had just looked up the use of ! because I also think of it as the
classic "not" character and would much prefer it to ~ which I associate
with being a type of comparator meaning something unequal (inexactly
expressed) as "almost".

I joined this group with some trepidation because my level of expertise is
different from most of the group. However, I think that perhaps I can offer
some input that is more what semi-expert people who work with XML/XSLT
might think. I have worked with a number of standards and vocabularies over
20 years. I would classify myself as a person who knows how to look up
solutions to problems and .ixml falls squarely into a space that I have had
to confront all through the years. Let's keep it a straightforward as
possible for people new to the text parsing to XML to get rolling.
Regards, Dorothy