Re: Change “~” to “!”

Nah!
~ has meant "not" for far longer than ! has.

My anecdote about !important was intended to poke fun at people who couldn't cope with things having different meanings in different languages.

I think !important in CSS a far better use of ! than in C etc., since at least the ! in CSS is closer to its real-life meaning. In real life ! doesn't mean 'not'.

Steven