Re: ixml and non-xml output - is there an error and if so where?

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 14:43, Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:

> What you are proposing I think is a sixth:
>
> 6. ixml grammar correct, test completes correctly, resulting XML is in error as a result of authoring errors.

Another view, this could be classed as being a scoping issue?
How far (either direction) should ixml detect / report errors?
When does 'hand holding' stop and an error is classified as a user error?

Is it reasonable to define boundaries for ixml concerns?
  Character based errors might fall into this category too.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.