Re: Pragma Proposal ready for review

The degree to which we define semantic content was probably the most contentious part of the proposal, but we did at least agree that each pragma should have a name, so that a pragmatic parser knew whether or not the pragma was one which it understood.

I think if we are giving pragma names, we ought to consider namespace collision, and if we are doing so, an implementation for XML namespaces also made sense.  Of course, an implementation of XML namespaces in iXML does not need to be done using pragma, but I can't see how it harms us to use pragma for optional standardised features as well as non-standardised extensions, and the proposal seemed incomplete without at least a suggestion on how to declare namespaces.

Also, if we have pragma in our non-xml representation, we have to at least agree what those pragma should look like in an XML representation of a grammar.  Non-pragmatic processors still don't have to understand pragma, but should be able to preserve them across representations.

Tomos Hillman
eXpertML Ltd
+44 7793 242058