Re: same-document references

On 6/25/11 3:36 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Boris,
>
> In your original message <#original> (note “same document reference”
> used for the “original message” link), you say:
>
> /I can't quite tell what the proposal is here, but copying the href of
> an <html:a> should give you a resolved URI that can then be pasted into
> various places as a string and give the expected behavior... whatever
> that is. Does your proposal pass that test?/
>
> But of course there no other URI to use to turn that “original message”
> link into anything other than what I proposed, is there?

Larry,

I have no idea, because I can't tell what you're proposing, as I clearly
said....

I will also note you didn't answer the question I actually asked.  I'd
appreciate either a clear explanation of what you're proposing so I can
answer that question for myself or an answer to the question.

Thanks,
Boris