RE: same-document references

Boris,

In your  original message  (note "same document reference" used for the "original message" link), you say:

I can't quite tell what the proposal is here, but copying the href of an <html:a> should give you a resolved URI that can then be pasted into various places as a string and give the expected behavior... whatever that is.  Does your proposal pass that test?

But of course there no other URI to use to turn that "original message" link into anything other than what I proposed, is there?

Larry

--

http://larry.masinter.net

On 6/24/11 5:56 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:

> would it help if fragment only URIs were to imply an absolute URI of "thismessage:/" rather than the document base, and special-case the translation of "thismessage:/" ?

I can't quite tell what the proposal is here, but copying the href of an

various places as a string and give the expected behavior... whatever

that is.  Does your proposal pass that test?

-Boris