Re: Note on JSON signing

On 14 March 2016 at 21:01, Stefan Thomas <stefan@ripple.com> wrote:

> @Dave: Thanks for the link. Can you explain the relationship between
> Secure Messaging 1.0 [1] and Linked Data Signatures? That was one of the
> things I was confused about.
>
> @Melvin: I'm working on an email to provide more detail as to why I didn't
> think Secure Messaging would be a good solution. You say that you've used
> it, if you could link me to your implementation that would help. (I found
> an implementation for Linked Data Signatures [2], but not Secure Messaging.)

OK, sorry, didnt realize you had yet to reply.  I saw you reply to some
others, and thought my response didnt get thru.

Normalization is really easy, its in the json ld npm library:

// normalize a document using the RDF Dataset Normalization Algorithm
// (URDNA2015), see: http://json-ld.github.io/normalization/spec/
jsonld.normalize(doc, {
  algorithm: 'URDNA2015',
  format: 'application/nquads'
}, function(err, normalized) {
  // normalized is a string that is a canonical representation of the document
  // that can be used for hashing, comparison, etc.
});

https://www.npmjs.com/package/jsonld