Re: RTGS - Warnings on realtime settlement using distributed ledgers

Very interesting post, thanks for sharing!

One note about ILP in this context: ILP is perfectly capable of working on
a deferred net settlement basis.

Connectors facilitate payments between different ledgers meaning they must
be able to accept payments on one ledger and pay out on another. However,
from the protocol's perspective we don't care why the connector is able to
provide this function as long as they are indeed able to.

A connector could be providing RTGS or it could be a jointly operated
entity facilitating payments back and forth up to some limit defined by the
banks operating it. The parties operating the netting connector could
determine for themselves how often they want to settle the outstanding
balances tracked by that system.

--
Evan Schwartz | Software Architect | Ripple
[image: ripple.com] <http://ripple.com>