RTGS - Warnings on realtime settlement using distributed ledgers

From: Michael Smolenski <michael@midasium.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:41:41 +0000
To: "public-interledger@w3.org" <public-interledger@w3.org>
CC: George Samman <gsamman@midasium.com>, George Samman <george.samman@gmail.com>
Sharing the following with Interledger community.

Personally, I’m all in favour of real time settlement of inter-bank payments as opposed to the current over-night netting out process, but George’s article below gives some healthy warnings on the subject:

https://twitter.com/sammantic/status/695240026779709440

I believe that engineers can apply queuing theory models to the concept of a distributed settlement system to reassure decision makers that it can be a well regulated and a stable system...

Cheers,

Michael Smolenski

web: midasium.com<http://midasium.com>
email: michael@midasium.com<mailto:michael@midasium.com>