Re: Web Cryptography Working Group scoping progressing...

On 11/07/2011 11:24 AM, Channy Yun wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I know your first job is the primitive APIs for cryptography.
>
> But, many of use-cases in Cryptography API focused in CA service
> system with personal certificates.
> But, this is hard to consider another working group because of PKI
> based systems.
> (Most of countries has own national CA system based on plug-in issuing
> personal certificate such as China, Japan, Spain and Brazil etc.)
>
> How about adding parallel works for _Web Certificates (Service) API_
> supporting these one?
> We can add these as a scope including TLS/SSL based login/out with
> personal certificate and its management api(backup, restore)
> and follow up HSM based certificate.

Is there any sample API that fulfills what you want, ideally one already
being worked in web browsers?

I'm ok with that being "maybe" in scope but to do not want another API
and would prefer to keep the scope minimal, i.e. for this WG to stay
away from certificates per se (minus keeping functionality such as the
aforementioned log out work that we might otherwise accidently deprecate).

However, not all news is bad - I'm currently pushing for a workshop
around the issues of Web Certificates in the spring of next year (which
could lead to another WG focussing on the thorny issues of CAs) and we
can put that in the "roadmap" for future work.