Re: What is the position of the IDCG wrt using the diversity fund for Kim Crayton's antiracist workshop? (was: Urgent - Re: IDCG volunteers for the W3C's Diversity Fund selection committee (2020))

Massively in favour, I think this is a brilliant idea.

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@unlockopen.com>
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 6:58 AM
To: "public-idcg@w3.org" <public-idcg@w3.org>
Cc: Inclusion and Diversity Community Group <public-idcg@w3.org>
Subject: What is the position of the IDCG wrt using the diversity fund for Kim Crayton's antiracist workshop? (was: Urgent - Re: IDCG volunteers for the W3C's Diversity Fund selection committee (2020))

Hi all,

I volunteered to represent the IDCG in the diversity fund selection committee.

Part of the decision the committee has to make is how to reattribute unused funds.

In the below email, I suggested using those to purchase tickets to Kim Crayton's "Being antiracist at work" online workshop and give them to interested TPAC participants (the workshop is held the day after TPAC).

I'd like to be able to represent the IDCG's opinion in this committee and not just my own. So what do you all think?

Are you in favor of using part of the diversity fund for this or would you rather see it reattributed for next year's event?

Thanks for your input,

--tobie