Re: W3C action/response to the BLM Movement

On 6/6/2020 8:09 AM, Léonie Watson wrote:
> Thank you Marisa. Your ideas are really helpful.
>
> Although the possibility of the W3C making a statement may not be
> possible, or at least easy, I believe we are free to make a statement as
> the ID CG. I will raise the matter of the W3C making a statement with
> the AB, but a statement from this CG would be a start.

In terms of statements from W3C, a great deal depends on "what" the
statement is.

Earlier, I pointed out the restrictions that we have in terms of
speaking on public policy issues.

I hope, however, that everyone has seen our statement that we made last
Thursday reinforcing our values [1].

"

<https://twitter.com/w3c>
W3C
<https://twitter.com/w3c>
@w3c
<https://twitter.com/w3c>
In a time of upheaval, we are proud that our W3C community values
include standing against prejudice, racism and discrimination. See our
Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct: https://w3.org/Consortium/cepc
<https://t.co/uR6NPX2EGR?amp=1>"

[1] https://twitter.com/w3c/status/1268558233586880514