Re: Diversity & Inclusion Leaders at W3C Member Organizations

Hi Léonie,

Comments below.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 5:51 AM Léonie Watson <lwatson@tetralogical.com>
wrote:

> Heather,
>
> As an advocate of user research myself, it's always good to meet other
> people who make it part of their activities too. Unfortunately I'm not
> sure I can suggest anything other than the tried and tested route of
> looking up publicly available information about organisations and the
> people who hold key roles within them though.

OK. Seems like if the W3C is ramping up D&I activities it may make sense to
tap into that resource in your member orgs. And visa versa, seems to me
maybe those counterparts would find value to support the new Ethics & Code
of Conduct.

> Is your work on the CCG diversity strategy available anywhere? I would
> be interested to learn more about it.

Right now it's being incubated just among the CCG chairs. However once the
initial research is done (which includes baseline data collection like
number/gender/diversity/geo-location breakdown of call attendance,
participation, time spent talking, presenters etc), I will do a call for
volunteers/broader participation in the CCG. I'd be happy to give an update
here at that time, and would welcome broader participation.

To be clear, my focus is a D&I strategy to be successfully implemented in
the CCG, which includes baseline numbers, metric to hit and proven
successful strategies that can be executed with our limited volunteer
resources. I have no objection to sharing our learnings with others &
potentially helping implement this elsewhere, but I am not building this
with other requirements/communities in mind. Killing scope creep before it
can start, ya know. :-)

Cheers,

-Heather