Re: Diversity & Inclusion Leaders at W3C Member Organizations

Hi Heather,

Good to hear that CCG is also looking at DEI opportunities.

While W3C is in the early stages of ramping up on racial diversity
issues, we have a strong history of diversity around disability
inclusion, an important aspect of DEI that often goes uncovered in DEI
efforts generally.

In addition, we have been making some progress on gender issues, partly
through some of the work on our updated Code of Ethics and Professional
Conduct (CEPC): https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/8641.

I would be happy to talk with you on disability aspects of DEI, to
update you on W3C's new CEPC, and mention some of what we're hoping to
accomplish for actions on racial diversity--though again the latter is
still at planning stage.

Let me know if you'd like to schedule time to talk.

Thanks,

- Judy

Judy Brewer
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative