Re: Inclusion office hours?

On the basis there is some interest in this idea, I've been thinking
about the logistics.

It has to be easy for people to manage their availability, and the
amount of time they're able to make available. It also has to be easy
for people to agree a time to speak.

It seems likely that each volunteer will have their preferred way to
manage their time, and for arranging times to talk with people, so a
simple approach might be our best bet?

One possibility is a page that we point people to, where the names and
preferred contact methods of each volunteer are shown.

I use a service called Calendly (calendly.com) to manage the open office
hours I already hold. It plugs into my calendar service (Google), and
lets me create meeting types (30 minutes twice a week for example).

I then share the URL for the meeting type, and people can choose from
the available 30 minute slots. When the limit of two a week is reached,
the rest of my time is automatically marked as unavailable.

Calendly bases my availability on my Google calendar, so it's essential
that stays up to date. When a meeting is requested, it automatically
adds it to my Google calendar, and sends me an email to let me know.

So my information on the page I'm suggesting might be something like this:

Léonie Watson: use [calendly] to find a time to talk about W3C.

Someone else might prefer to use another meeting management service, or
to arrange metings by email, and would then share their email address or
other preferred point of initial contact.

We could also include a bit of information about where each volunteer is
involved at W3C perhaps?

Léonie.

--
Director @TetraLogical TetraLogical.com