Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Overriding

Hi
On 02.11.2015 22:43, Richard Wordingham wrote:
> It sounds as though you have a problem with your font compiler.  Are
> you not in control of how it converts substitution rules to the GSUB
> tale?
>
> I may be worrying too much about whether the renderer will remove the
> glyphs derived from variation selectors.  Have you tried your font
> with M17n?
No.
We are using VOLT to manage substitution rules. Because, the generated fonts using fontforge or fontlab couldn't be properly rendered on Microsoft Office suite at typing. (tested Office 2007) But works on other writing software such as OpenOffice, and/or other Unicode supported editors.
I don't know, how it was for other font developers. Please comment.

BTW: If exist, I will try to find some rules from our svn history.

Badral