Re: U+180A Nirugu

On 27 October 2015 at 01:31, Greg Eck <greck@postone.net> wrote:

> U+180A Nirugu and U+1807 Sibe Syllable Boundary Marker are the two items
> that I have left on my discussion list. Let’s go ahead and talk about them
>
> Regarding the U+1807, I will start another thread on it. Essentially, I am
> proposing that they both act as characters, so they should have all features
> inherent to characters.

>From a Unicode perspective anything that is encoded is a "character",
so obviously Nirugu and Sibe syllable boundary marker are by
definition both characters.  I guess what you mean is that they both
act as letters.  However, as both these characters have a Unicode
general property of "Po" (Punctuation, other), there may be a problem
with treating them as letters, with positional forms and FVS variants
-- I don't know if there is a problem, but am just flagging this as a
potential issue to be taken into consideration.

Andrew