OT: Guessing the Spelling (was: FVS Assignment MisMatch Winding Down)

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 13:32:04 +0000
Greg Eck <greck@postone.net> wrote:

> On the issue of spelling ABU “father” as mentioned below, there is no
> question in the Cyrillic as to the proper spelling. I do not have the
> experience in Inner Mongolia why there is such a variety of opinions.

As far as I can make out, knowing the Cyrillic spelling (аав) and
knowing what the Mongolian script spelling looks like still leaves one
with two alternatives - O and U.  Are people missing an obvious clue as
to the spelling?

Richard.